One decision more and more women are making everyday is to have breast augmentation (a procedure to enhance the size of your breasts by using breast implants - saline implants or silicone implants.)By inserting breast implants, plastic surgeons are able to increase a woman's bust line by one or more bra cup sizes. Advances in breast implant technology and surgical technique are making breast augmentation a popular option among women of all ages desiring a change in the way they look. The decision to undergo breast enlargement may result in a more flattering, better proportioned figure, more clothing options, and may enhance your confidence and self-esteem.

Every day, you make decisions that affect the way you live. Some choices depend on the moment, like the clothing, hairstyle and perfume you'll wear today. Other decisions are deeply significant, because they affect how you feel about yourself as a woman, and how others perceive you.

Breast augmentation offers a unique opportunity to scientifically "customize" the shape of the breast rather than just bra size. You may want to wear an outfit that reveals more cleavage, change your wardrobe style, or simply create the proper balance between your breasts and hips.

Many women have made the choice to create the shape they have always dreamed of through breast augmentation. Confident, sensual and beautiful-simply more of what you already are.

Candidates for Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation offers a unique opportunity to scientifically "customize" the shape of the breast rather than just bra size. You may want to wear an outfit that reveals more cleavage, change your wardrobe style, or simply create the proper balance between your breasts and hips.

Breast augmentation can enhance your appearance and your self-confidence, but it won't necessarily change your looks to match your ideal, or cause other people to treat you differently. Before you decide to have surgery, think carefully about your expectations and discuss them with your surgeon.

The best candidates for breast augmentation are women who are looking for improvement and realistic in the way they look. If you're physically healthy, 18 years of age or older, not currently pregnant or nursing, you may be a good candidate.

What Are Important Factors For You to Consider When Deciding To Have Saline-Filled Implants?

Whether you are undergoing breast augmentation or reconstruction, be aware that breast implantation may not be a one time surgery. You are likely to need additional surgery and surgeon visits over the course of your life.

Breast implants are not considered lifetime devices. You will likely under go implant removal with or without replacement over the course of your life.

Many of the changes to your breast following implantation are irreversible (cannot be undone). If you later choose to have your implant(s) removed, you may experience unacceptable dimpling, puckering, wrinkling, or other cosmetic changes of the breast.

Breast implants may affect your ability to produce milk for breast feeding. Also, breast implants will not prevent your breast from sagging after pregnancy.

With breast implants, routine screening mammography will be more difficult, and you will need to have additional views, which means more time and radiation.

For patients who have undergone breast implantation either as a cosmetic or a reconstructive procedure, health insurance premiums may increase, coverage may be dropped, and/or future coverage may be denied.

Treatment of complications may not be covered as well. You should check with your insurance company regarding these coverage issues.

What Questions Should You Ask Your Surgeon About Breast Augmentation

The following list of questions may help you to remind you of topics to discuss with your surgeon. You may have additional questions as well.

1. What are the risks and complications associated with having breast implants?

2. How many additional operations on my implanted breast(s) can I expect over my lifetime?

3. How will my breasts look if I decide to have the implants removed without replacement?

4. What shape, size, surface texturing, incision site, and placement site is recommended for me?

5. How will my ability to breast feed be affected?

6. How can I expect my implanted breasts to look over time?

7. How can I expect my implanted breasts to look after pregnancy? After breast feeding?

8. What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my implanted breasts?

9. What alternate procedures or products are available if I choose not to have breast implants?

10. Do you have before and after photos I can look at for each procedure and what results are reasonable for me?

Other Factors To Consider In Breast Augmentation
Choosing a Surgeon

When choosing an experienced surgeon who is experienced with breast implantation, you should know the answers to the following questions:

1. How many breast augmentation implantation procedures does he/she perform per year?

2. How many years has he/she performed breast implantation procedures?

3. Is he/she board certified, and if so, with which board?

4. In which states is he/she licensed to practice surgery? Note that some states provide information on disciplinary action and malpractice claims/settlements to prospective patients either by request or on the world wide web.

5. What is the most common complication he/she encounters with breast implantation?

6. What is his/her reoperation rate with breast implantation and what is the most common type of reoperation he/she performs?

Familiarize yourself with the following options in breast implant surgery and be prepared to discuss with your surgeon the following issues:

Are You Eligible for Saline-Filled Breast Implants?

Implants are to be used for females for the following indications (procedures):

Breast Augmentation
This is done to increase the size and proportion of a woman's breasts. A woman must be at least 18 years old for breast augmentation.

Who Is Not Eligible for Breast Implants?
Implants are not to be used for:

Women with existing malignant or pre-malignant cancer of the breast without adequate treatment

Women with an active infection anywhere in her body

Augmentation in women who are currently pregnant or nursing

Special Considerations For Breast Augmentation

What Are the Alternatives to Breast Augmentation?

Accept your breasts as they are.

Wear a padded bra or external prostheses.

You are advised to wait a week after reviewing and considering this information before deciding whether to have augmentation surgery.

If you have any inquiries relating to exactly where and how to use http://mamaopina.com, you can get hold of us at our web-page.